About Course: Level 1 (A1.1) - True Beginner Self-Study
Welcome to our Level 1 (A1.1) course designed for true beginners embarking on their English language learning journey. This self-study program is crafted to provide a solid foundation for learners who are taking their first steps in mastering English. Here's what you can expect:
- Motivating and Contemporary Topics: Engage with topics specifically chosen to captivate true beginners, making the learning experience enjoyable and relevant.
- Lively Dialogues: Immerse yourself in dialogues that reflect real spoken English at a basic level, enhancing your understanding and confidence in everyday conversations.
- Integrated Approach to the Four Skills: Develop essential language skills - reading, writing, listening, and speaking - through a carefully integrated approach that ensures a holistic learning experience.
- Special Emphasis on Vocabulary Building: Focus on building a basic vocabulary foundation, laying the groundwork for effective communication.
- Grammar in Context: Learn and practice grammar in simple and contextually relevant situations, making it easier to grasp and apply.
- Systematic Development of Reading and Listening Skills: Progress through a structured curriculum that systematically develops your reading and listening skills, catering to the needs of true beginners.
- Variety of Communicative Tasks: Engage in interactive tasks designed to reinforce your understanding and application of the language.
- Step-by-Step Approach to Writing: Follow a step-by-step approach to enhance your writing skills, starting with basic exercises and gradually progressing to more complex tasks.
- Activities Encouraging Critical Thinking: Stimulate your critical thinking skills through tailored activities, even at the true beginner level.
- Practical Tips for Autonomy: Receive practical tips that empower you to become an independent learner, setting the stage for your ongoing language journey.
- Revision Sections: Benefit from a dedicated review section in each module, facilitating regular revision and consolidation of learned material.
- Grammar Reference Section: Access a user-friendly grammar reference section for quick clarification of basic rules.
- Culture/Cross-Curricular Pages: Explore cultural and cross-curricular pages with web links, broadening your understanding of the English-speaking world.
- Inclusion of Songs: Enjoy the inclusion of songs, adding a dynamic and enjoyable element to your learning experience.
Embark on your English language journey with Level 1 (A1.1) and lay the foundation for a rewarding and successful language learning experience.
Module 1: Navigating Basic Conversations
- Dive into Essential Greetings and Introductions
- Explore the Simple Present Tense and Present Progressive
- Embrace Stative Verbs for a nuanced language experience
- Engage with Questions and Question Words to foster curiosity
- Develop familiarity with Indirect Questions
- Embark on the journey through Past Simple, recounting personal stories
- Adapt to Change with "Used to" and "Be/Get Used to"
Module 2: Building Communication Foundations
- Understand the nuances of Demonstratives: This, That, These, Those
- Encounter the Verb "Be" in different contexts
- Grasp the concept of Plurals, both regular and irregular
- Delve into Possessive Adjectives and the Possessive Case
- Explore Whose? as a means of inquiry
- Introduce the Verb "Have Got" and its applications
- Appreciate the role of Adjectives in descriptive language
Module 3: Unraveling the Present and Describing Routines
- Navigate the landscape of Present Simple Tense
- Explore the concept of time through Prepositions of Time
- Understand Adverbs of Frequency and their relevance
- Encounter There is/There are for location-based expressions
- Explore Prepositions of Place for spatial relationships
- Master the art of forming Imperatives
- Engage in Communicative Tasks, enhancing interactive learning
Module 4: Discovering Countable and Uncountable Nouns
- Explore the distinction between Countable and Uncountable Nouns
- Navigate the intricacies of Some, Any, and No
- Master the usage of How Much and How Many
- Develop an understanding of Object Personal Pronouns
- Delve into the practical aspects of the Verb "Should"
- Engage in critical thinking through various Activities
Module 5: Venturing into Possibilities and Progress
- Embrace the concept of the Verb "Can" for expressing abilities
- Dive into the Present Progressive for ongoing actions
- Explore collaborative ideas with Let’s/How About?
- Encounter the Past Simple Tense for narrating past events
- Introduce time expressions for effective storytelling
- Understand the distinction between Past Simple and Present Simple
Module 6: Exploring Requests and Expressing Desires
- Delve into the language of Requests with Would Like
- Encounter the usage of Some and Any
- Navigate the realms of Would Like + Noun
- Explore the dynamic of How Much and How Many
- Introduce the concept of The Verb "Could" for polite requests
- Engage with Round-up sections for regular revision
Module 7: Embracing Diversity in Language
- Understand the use of Articles: A(n)/The
- Distinguish between Countable and Uncountable Nouns
- Explore the language of Requests and Commands
- Venture into Past Simple of the Verb "Be"
- Explore time expressions for effective communication
- Engage with Culture/Cross-Curricular Pages for additional insights
Module 8: Concluding with Practical Tips and Cultural Insights
- Develop practical tips for autonomous learning
- Embrace the Round-up sections for thorough revision
- Refer to the Grammar Reference Section for quick access to rules
- Explore the integration of Culture/Cross-Curricular Pages with web links
- Enjoy the dynamic learning experience with the inclusion of Songs in the curriculum